Are you constantly worried about dull, dry skin when you look into the reflection of your mirror? Suppose you are tired of using all the cosmetic products available on the market and are looking for a natural solution.
In that case, Yoga for glowing skin can be an exceptional solution. Yoga poses or asanas help reduce the stress levels in your body by calming your mind while strengthening your body.
Regular Yoga practice can help efficiently tackle some of the prominent contributing factors to dealing with dull skin. Therefore, we have curated the list of the best Yoga poses for glowing skin you can perform in the comfort of your home.
Best Yoga Asanas for Healthy and Glowing Skin:
Yoga is a wonderful and beneficial form of exercise that can be enjoyed by people of all ages. It offers numerous health benefits and can easily be incorporated into your daily routine. One surprising benefit of yoga is its ability to improve the appearance of your skin. By practicing certain yoga asanas, you can achieve a radiant and beautiful complexion. In this article, we will share with you a list of some of the best yoga poses that can help you attain glowing and healthy skin.
- Bhastrika Pranayama (Ramdev Baba):
- Bhastrika Pranayama is a yoga asana for glowing skin by Ramdev Baba.
- This Pranayama helps you get healthy glowing skin by increasing the oxygen supply to the skin and clearing out the toxins accumulated in the blood through forceful expiration.
- Bhastrika by Ramdev Baba is the best breathing exercise for glowing skin.
How to Perform:
- Sit down in a comfortable posture like Sukhasana or Vajrasana.
- Fold your arms and make a fist.
- Now place your hands near your shoulders.
- Raise your hands straight up and open your fists while inhaling deeply.
- Now with slight force while bringing your arms next to your shoulders with your fists closed.
- Continue this process for about 20 breaths.
- Keep your palms on your thighs while keeping them relaxed and with normal breaths.
- Repeat the same procedure for two rounds.
- Sarvangasana- Shoulder Stand Pose:
- Sarvangasana might be challenging to achieve, but it is one of the best Yoga poses for glowing skin with regular practice.
- This Yoga pose yields the maximum results by promoting blood circulation toward your face region, which helps you tackle wrinkles, acne, and dullness.
How to Perform:
- Sleep on the floor on a Yoga mat, facing the ceiling.
- Now gently lift your hips and legs, keeping them straight.
- You can support your back with the help of your hands.
- Try to remain in this position for a few minutes.
- Slowly come back to the initial pose.
- Repeat the process thrice or four times.
- Bharadvajasana (Twisted Seated Pose):
- Bharadvajasana, or twisted seated pose, is one yoga pose that improves body and postural awareness.
- It also facilitates movement through the digestive tract, thereby stimulating proper digestion.
- This process helps eliminate unwanted toxins from your body, revealing healthy glowing skin.
How to Perform:
- Begin the Yoga asana with a staff pose.
- Swing your legs to the left while leaning on to your right hip.
- Now place both feet to the outside of your left hip while keeping your knees bent.
- Make sure your left ankle is resting on your right foot’s arch.
- Keep your left hand under the right knee while pointing your fingers towards the back of the knee while taking your right hand behind the right hip with the hand on the floor.
- Lengthen your spine while inhaling and twist your torso while exhaling.
- While twisting your torso, take your gaze to the right.
- Exhale and slowly unwind while you exit the pose.
- Sirsasana – Head Stand Pose:
- Sirsasana is one of the best Yoga poses for glowing skin because it directs oxygen-rich flow to the facial skin.
- Therefore, this is the perfect Yoga pose for face blood circulation.
How to Perform:
- Sit down in the Vajrasana pose and then bend forward with interlocked fingers and folded arms resting on the ground.
- Form a triangle with the head and hands on the floor. Make sure to keep the head’s crown between the interlocked fingers.
- Now balance your head on the fingers slowly.
- Now lift the glutes and knees from the floor while keeping them straight and slowly walk the feet towards the trunk.
- Now lift yourself from the floor while keeping the heels near the buttocks, and bend the knees.
- Make sure the thighs are perpendicular to the floor as you straighten the hips slowly.
- Slowly keep your entire body in a straight line while keeping your feet relaxed.
- Make sure to keep your knees and calves straight.
- Maintain the pose as long as you can while balancing the body.
- Pay attention to your head region and your breaths.
- Follow the steps in the reverse order while coming back to the resting position.
- Slowly bring your legs back to the ground.
- You can sit down in a child pose to regain balance.
- Sit down in Vajrasana while releasing the hand position.
- Remain in savasana to rest for a few minutes.
- Bow Pose or Dhanurasana:
- Bow pose or Dhanurasana is a yoga asana for glowing skin.
- This pose helps detoxify the body by putting intense pressure on the abdominal region.
- The Dhanurasana also enables you to get a healthy glow by effectively helping you lose weight and acting as a great stress buster.
How to Perform:
- Lie down on the floor with your back facing the ceiling and face touching the floor.
- Keep your palm on both sides while your palms are facing upwards.
- Grab your ankles with your hands while you lift your legs off the ground.
- Now slowly fall back into the lying pose.
- Repeat the pose three to four times.
These are a few of the yoga poses and exercises that can help in achieving healthy and glowing skin. Remember to practice them regularly and consult a professional if you have any concerns or health conditions.
Many of us neglect skincare due to a busy schedule or recklessness. However, a proper skincare routine is essential. Luckily, Yoga for glowing skin can provide a perfect and cost-free solution. By practicing Yoga regularly, you can improve circulation, which delivers oxygen to cells and adds a natural glow to your skin’s surface. If you want to incorporate these benefits into your daily routine, read through the article and discover the recommended postures. Lastly, we would love to hear from you about whether you found the article helpful or not.