Hand gestures play a significant role in yoga, offering numerous health benefits. One such gesture is Garuda Mudra, named after Lord Vishnu’s celestial vehicle, the Eagle known as Garuda. By incorporating this Mudra into your daily yoga practice, you can cultivate the necessary discipline. Moreover, it helps maintain a balance of the Vata (air) element in your body, promoting energy and vitality. Referred to as Eagle Seal yoga in English, Garuda Mudra symbolizes both the eagle and inner freedom, making it a meaningful and powerful hand gesture in yoga.
Let us go through this article to learn more about the effectiveness of Garuda Mudra and all the benefits associated with it.
Garuda Mudra Posture and How to Do It?
- Garuda Mudra is a powerful hand gesture that utilizes the fire element within us.
- It helps eliminate stagnant fluids in the body by generating warmth and lubrication in dry air.
- To perform Garuda Mudra effectively, start by sitting comfortably with hands resting on thighs or knees, palms facing upwards.
- This mudra is particularly beneficial when combined with meditation postures like Padmasana or Vajrasana.
- Focus on breath and keep eyes closed while interlocking the right wrist over the left, ensuring visible fingers of both hands.
- Palms should face upwards, resembling the wings of a bird.
- Enhance concentration by chanting OM and let go of distracting thoughts.
- Practice this hand gesture on both hands simultaneously, maintaining a consistent pace of breathing.
- Dedicate 5 to 15 minutes, three times a day, for optimal results.
- Enjoy the invigorating benefits of Garuda Mudra.
What is the best time and for how long to perform Garuda Mudra?
Garuda Mudra is a versatile hand gesture that can be easily practiced at any time and in any place. Similar to other hand gestures, it offers the flexibility to be practiced silently or in combination with the chanting of mantras like OM, which can enhance concentration. The effectiveness of Garuda Mudra, like other mudras, is heightened when practiced between 4 to 6 AM.
Benefits of Garuda Mudra:
Here are some of the popular benefits of practising It Mudra regularly. They are:
- The Garuda Mudra is a powerful hand gesture that promotes fearlessness and helps overcome fear.
- It balances the elements in the body, with a focus on the air element and curing Vayu dosha.
- The mudra enhances the efficiency of the digestive system by increasing the fire energy, aiding in digestion.
- By stimulating Apana Vayu, it revitalizes the body, reducing lethargy and fatigue.
- The mudra alleviates stress and anxiety by promoting a sense of calmness through the release of Apana Vayu.
- It stimulates the fire element, aiding in the elimination of stagnant body fluids and moisturizing dry air within the body.
- The Garuda Mudra supports the lymphatic system by maintaining lymphatic drainage, potentially benefiting cancer patients.
- It strengthens the immune system and can effectively treat respiratory ailments.
- The mudra has therapeutic effects on reducing menstruation pain and addressing prostate gland issues.
- It promotes the proper functioning of vital organs such as the kidneys, lungs, heart, and stomach by regulating blood circulation throughout the body.
Also Read : Kubera Mudra Unveiling the Steps and Benefits
Garuda Mudra Contraindications and Precautions:
Garuda Mudra offers numerous health benefits. However, individuals with high blood pressure should avoid practicing it. This mudra stimulates blood flow and enhances circulation, which can be problematic for those with hypertension. It is important to prioritize your safety and consult a healthcare professional before attempting any new practices or exercises. Taking precautions is crucial, especially if you have underlying health conditions.
- People practicing with high blood pressure must do this mudra in moderation.
- Do as needed otherwise, three times a day for 4 minutes.
- Utilize this mudra when you feel expressively weak or otherwise fixed in your life.
Garuda Mudra is a hand gesture that offers numerous health benefits. It is a perfect solution for improving physical well-being and enhancing meditative practices. Additionally, this Mudra uplifts your emotional traits, making it an ideal tool to combat feelings of low mood, stress, or fatigue. If you found this article helpful, please don’t forget to let us know.