Yoga represents a connection—the mental connection between one’s soul and the Supreme Soul. This connection is achieved through a practice called Rajyoga, which involves remembering the Supreme Soul during meditation. Rajyoga enables the soul to establish a connection with God, leading to inner peace and the release of past sins. Yoga, akin to bathing in a river, purges impurities, and being in touch with the Supreme Soul cleanses the soul.
Best Raja Yoga Meditation Techniques and Benefits.
- Keep 10 to 20 minutes aside from your busy schedule every day for Rajyoga. You can choose either early morning or the evenings.
- Choose a secluded place and relax. It’s helpful to use soft music to create the right atmosphere.
- Sit comfortably on the floor or a chair. Ensure that your spine is erect.
- Keep your eyes open and focus on something in front of you.
- Don’t stop thinking, just observe and try to concentrate. If disturbing thoughts arise, simply avoid them.
- As you progress, you will begin to feel peaceful. At this point, you can create a thought for yourself. Try to connect your soul with the Supreme Soul of God. Imagine the beauty of the earth He has created, with green trees, blue oceans, colorful birds, and diverse life.
- Building a relationship with God will bring about positive feelings and increased compassion. You will gain a sense of awareness and knowledge that you may have lacked just a few days ago.
- To conclude your meditation session, close your eyes and meditate for a few minutes without allowing any thoughts to arise.
Benefits of Raja Yoga Meditation Techniques:
Yoga increases your power to tolerate. It helps you face and overcome worldly nonsense, problems, irritation, depression, and other challenges. When your mind is lighter, you can handle situations better, leading to smoother relationships and a greater ability to stay in control.
Meditation makes you more aware and gives you a clearer vision of life. It helps resolve doubts and uncertainties, enabling you to make accurate judgments. However, it’s important not to pass judgment on others, focusing instead on self-reflection and self-improvement.
Just like a jeweler can distinguish between real and fake jewelry, we possess the ability to discern what is right and wrong. Through discrimination, we can differentiate between truth and lies, temporary and eternal, superficial and subtle aspects of life.
By recognizing that our soul is separate from our body, we can withdraw from external influences and find protection within ourselves. Similar to how a snail retreats into its shell, we can retreat to our inner self in any situation to find solace and tranquility.
Meditation helps us develop the strength and faith in our spirituality, allowing us to endure hardships. With the right mindset, we gain willpower and dedication to navigate difficult situations with resilience.
The human brain is often filled with scattered thoughts related to various aspects of life, leading to stress and tension. Meditation acts as a healer by helping us think clearly and stay focused. This brings us a sense of clarity, freedom, and release from tension.